All Child Care Centers located within Hillsborough County are required to be licensed by the Child Care Licensing Department of the Hillsborough County Government. We are also inspected by the City of Tampa Fire Marshall.
Some of the Licensing Requirements include:
- Background screenings of all employees to include, local law enforcement check, state criminal records check and FBI check.
- Verified Completion of the Red Cross First Aid Child Care Course by at least one staff member for every 50 children the facility is licensed to provide services to.
- Verified Completion of the Infant / Child CPR Course by at least one staff member for every 50 children the facility is licensed to provide services to present onsite at the facility at all times.
- All child care personnel are initially required to take a Department of Children and Families 30-hour introductory child care course, a 10-hour module based on developmentally appropriate practices for children, and a five-hour literacy course. Thereafter, 10 hours of annual in-service training is required every year.
- Every child care center is required to have at least one staff person with a CDA credential or equivalent for every 20 children.
- The director of the center must have a Florida Director’s Credential.
Inspections are random and periodic and Inspection Reports are available online on the www.Hillsboroughcounty.org website. A copy of our most recent inspection report is available for download as a PDF by clicking Here: ChildCare Licensing Inspection Report (This will open in a new Tab)
We have a state of the art fire alarm system onsite and we practice fire drills on a regular basis with all children and staff. We close the school for one week every summer so that all of our staff may participate in training and certification courses so as to ensure we are compliant on all licensing requirements.
Should you have any questions or need any additional information about our licensing requirements or credentials, please don’t hesitate to contact the preschool office.